Charity Flash Day – November 3rd 2018
On the 3rd of November we will be celebrating our 5th Birthday by holding our annual Charity Flash day where we will be raising money for the charity, Young Minds. Come 11am, expect to see a line down the street, a full house with 10 artists participating, plenty of custom drawn flash to choose from, new Cloak and Dagger merchandise and of course, birthday cake!
Why we chose Young Minds
Young Minds is a charity focussed on helping and raising awareness of mental health and the wellbeing of young people.
From reading their 2016 impact report, we discovered some really interesting statistics which highlight the importance of children’s mental health, which helped us to come to the decision that this was a great charity for us to contribute to.
Did you know?:
- Half of all mental health problems appear before the age of 14
- Three in four children with a diagnosable mental health condition do not get the support they need
- One in four children will show some evidence of mental ill health
- Children’s mental health services receives just over 6% of the total amount the NHS spends on mental health
- The average maximum waiting time for Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services is 6 months for a first appointment and nearly 10 months until the start of treatment
This information lead us to the question, how do we help to make a difference to these numbers and support the vulnerable kids in our community? The only way we know how, through tattooing!
Designs will cost £100-£150 with every penny going to our chosen charity. We will be operating on a first come first served basis, so make sure to make it down early to avoid any disappointment.
Monday - Saturday
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
11:00 am - 5:00pm
34 Cheshire Street
London, E2 6EH
020 7175 0133